|Department / Function:
|Your role is a key support position to the Boolah Farms operations, taking directions from Farm Managers in achieving operational goals.
This role is made up of a variety of functions within broadacre and irrigation farming and equipment operations. Reporting to the farm Manager, you will be responsible for achieving daily, weekly, and monthly targets whilst maintaining and supporting a culture of positivity and high performance.
Communication plays an essential part of this role to ensure key information is timely and reliable to help influence decision making. Additionally, at the forefront of broadacre farming, assisting Boolah Farms in being a sound and reliable farm management business in the industry.
This is an ideal role for an organized, energetic person with problem solving ability to excel in a high growth business with development and career progression opportunities available.
|– Punctual attendance to all planned works and schedules.
– Display a high level of motivation. Effective communication and decision-making ability
– Self-managing and proactive, you must be efficient and have the necessary planning and organisation skills to operate unsupervised.
– Promote and be part of an improving safety culture.
– Attention to detail and demonstrate ability to plan, prioritise and organise work demands and meet deadlines.
– Promote and project a positive attitude towards the business.
– Supporting a high standard of presentation across the operating sites
– Ensure workplace hygiene is maintained to a high standard. (Workshops, LV’s and plant)
– Operate a variety of equipment according to conditions, ensuring machine quality is not compromised to complete broadacre farming and harvest operations.
– Carry out daily servicing and maintenance on plant and equipment.
– Carry basic tools for daily repairs and maintenance as required.
– Accurately record relevant operational information into farm simple app daily for all operations.
– Aid ground crew and grain handling staff as required.
– Maintain and repair farm buildings and facilities as required.
|Mechanical (Beneficial but not essential)
|– Conduct regular maintenance on machinery, truck, and vehicles.
– Breakdown repairs and diagnostic tests to determine functionality problems.
– Design a plan of action for preventative maintenance tasks and upgrades.
– Maintain work logs, repairs, and maintenance records.
– Monitor inventory and order new parts when necessary.
– Carry sufficient tools for major mechanical repairs
|Irrigation (On select farms)
|– Carry out day to day maintenance on pumps and irrigation infrastructure
– Assist in the planning of irrigation sequencing
– Manage the setting up of irrigating fields.
– Manage the starting stopping and monitoring of irrigation
– Maintain integrity of head ditch and tail drains.
– Ensure the quality control of irrigation and crop health
– Maintain irrigation logs and records.
|Truck Driving (Beneficial but not Essential)
|– Operate under relevant state licenses and within boundaries of NHVR compliance.
– Safe and effective operation of vehicles and equipment to achieve daily and weekly targets.
– Ensure vehicles and equipment are operated within their capabilities to prevent damage and breakdowns.
– Ensure all relevant logs, sheets, and documentation are accurately completed and handed to Supervisor when required.
– General maintenance on trucks
|– Current Drivers licence
– General Agricultural knowledge.
– Exceptional proactive communication skills
– Resourcefulness and problem-solving abilities.
– Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
– Ability to work long hours (Peak periods of planting and harvest), outdoors, in all kinds of weather conditions
– Ability to operate machinery (farming and civil).
– Mechanical aptitude
– Physically fit and able to undertake manual works
|– Experience in Broadacre and irrigated cropping
– Experience in use of GPS equipment
– forklift, front end loader licences
– HR/HC truck licence
– Chem cert accreditation (or ability to obtain)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.